Club News and Resources
See our Club Newsletters below for up-to-date information about what's happening in Diablo #598!
° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °
Diablo Toastmasters Club 598 Consistently Wins
The “President’s Distinguished Club” Award
When you join Diablo Toastmasters, you can be sure you’ve joined one of the stellar Toastmasters clubs in the Walnut Creek – Pleasant Hill – Concord area! Our club has had a long tradition of achieving the “President’s Distinguished Club” ribbon, awarded for accomplishing at least 9 of the 10 goals set by Toastmasters International to designate a club’s performance excellence. Our goal is to win this important award every year, and we do it!
(The ribbons are pictured with our banner on the Home page.)
Diablo Toastmasters also often wins the District 57 “Double Ten” Award, given every other year in recognition of a club achieving all 10 of the goals for two years in a row. Shown above is past club President Alice Tsai receiving the award from District 57 Governor Ashley Harkness, who also happens to be a long-time member of the Diablo Toastmasters club! Ashley has done a tremendous job in improving the Toastmasters experience for all members of District 57, and has brought that experience to the great benefit of our club as well. Please give him a heart-felt thanks when you see him!
We aim high at Diablo 598 – we work hard to win the “Double Ten Award” every time we’re eligible!
Diablo Toastmasters #598 publishes our very own Newsletter. Hot off of the press, each month, our Editor entices us with tidbits of information about the latest and greatest in #598!
Click to view our past newsletters:
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012 N/A
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
See below for meeting agenda! Updated periodically by our VP of Education.
Agenda - Click here
Meeting Role Worksheets:
- Ah Counter's Report
- Meeting Roles
- Award Winning Evaluator's Report
- Grammarian's Report
- Timer's Report
- Competent Leader Information Form
About District 57
Diablo Toastmasters Club #598 resides in District 57, the Redwood Empire district. District 57 provides support and training to northern California Toastmasters clubs in the East Bay Area, north through Marin and Napa, and along Hwy 101 to Eureka. District 57 is a member of Toastmasters Region I, covering Northern California, the Pacific Northwest, and British Columbia. The District provides each member access to:
- Spring and Fall Conferences - Each conference provides an opportunity for Toastmasters across the District to meet other Toastmasters, attend numerous educational sessions and enjoy watching the annual Table Topics, Humorous, Evaluation and International Speech competitions.
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute (TLI) - Free bi-annual training for all club officers and judges.
- Speakers Bureau - A free program designed to bring Toastmasters and the community together. Toastmasters can sign up to deliver first-rate presentations to various community organizations.
- Leadership opportunities within the District - Positions are District Governor, Lt. Governor of Education and Training, Lt. Governor of Marketing, District Treasurer, District Secretary, District Sergeant-at-Arms, Division Governors, Area Governors and multiple committee chairs.
Here are some links that we have found to be helpful!